Chocolate cream pie with pudding is a delicious dessert that is rich and creamy. The chocolate topping adds a nice touch to this traditional pie.
This recipe makes two 9-inch pies, but you can easily double or triple the recipe if you want to make more. You will need to adjust the baking time.
Chocolate Cream Pie with Pudding
1 (9-inch) unbaked pie crust, such as Pillsbury refrigerated Pie Crust, thawed according to package directions
3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
3/4 cup water
3 tablespoons cornstarch divided use
1 (12 ounces) package of chocolate pudding mix
For the crust:
10 tablespoons butter, softened at room temperature (or butter flavored shortening)
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (plus some extra for sprinkling)
2 tablespoons sugar (plus some extra for sprinkling)
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Coat a 9-inch pie plate with cooking spray.
2. Place the chocolate chips in a medium bowl and microwave on high power for 20 seconds, or until melted and smooth. Stir until smooth.
3. Stir in the pudding mix and vanilla extract until smooth and creamy; set aside to cool slightly.
4. In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese at medium speed with an electric mixer until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed (you may not need to use all of it).
Add the sugar gradually, beating after each addition until incorporated; continue beating for another 4 minutes or so until the mixture is light and fluffy again, then add about 1/4 cup of the whipped cream and beat just until blended (don’t overmix).
Set aside about 1 cup of this mixture for topping your pie (see the note above), then stir in half of the whipped cream mixture using an electric mixer on medium speed just until blended (don’t overmix).
What is a chocolate cream pie made of?
Chocolate cream pie is a dessert that is usually made with chocolate and cream. It is a very rich dessert and can be eaten at any time of the year. Chocolate cream pie is made by combining whipped cream with chocolate and then pouring it over pie crust or cake.
The main ingredients of chocolate cream pie are:
Chocolate: The first ingredient of chocolate cream pie is the most important one, as this ingredient gives it its special flavor and taste. You can use any type of chocolate you like to make your own unique recipe for this dessert.
Cream: Cream is also an important ingredient in this dessert because it gives it a smooth texture, which makes it easy to eat. You can use heavy whipping cream or light whipping cream for this recipe, depending on your preference and taste preference.
Whipped cream is what makes this dessert so rich, but there are other ingredients that give it its signature flavor. There’s no need to go out for fancy ingredients when you can make this dessert at home with just a few simple items.
Why is my chocolate cream pie runny?
The main reason for this is the chocolate shell which acts as a barrier between the filling and the pie plate. When making your chocolate shell, you must use quality ingredients in order to get the same results as store-bought pies. If you haven’t done so already, try making some homemade chocolate shells today!
The reason for the runny filling can be one of several things:
• The pie crust wasn’t cooked long enough. This means it didn’t cook through all the way through. If you are using store-bought pie crust, check your directions on how long to bake it before adding the filling. If you are making your own crust, check on it when the center is set but still soft to the touch — about 20 minutes should do it.
• You added too much liquid or fat to your dough when making it. The amount of liquid should barely cover the pan’s bottom; if there isn’t enough, add more flour until there is an even coating over the bottom of each square inch of dough. If there is too much liquid in your crust, simply press down with your finger before adding filling so that it doesn’t ooze out during cooking time (this also helps prevent leakage).
• You used eggs instead
Chocolate cream pie is one of those desserts you can serve at any time of year, and it will always be a favorite. It’s easy to make and doesn’t require much time or effort, yet it looks and tastes amazing!